Children In Tijuana
Tijuana can be fun for children, too, but only under the watchful eye of their parents.
Child abductions are more frequent than in the US, especially for white children.
But, if you're careful, there are lots of things to do in Tijuana.
Just walking up Ave. Revolucion, from Third Street to about Eighth Street can be amusing.
There are donkeys painted to look like zebras that kids can have their pictures taken on, and other fun things.
Whatever you do, stay away from the Red Light District, just west of Revolucion Avenue, by Coahuila Ave. Hookers are lined up like flies along the side of some streets. (The poor girls are stuck here, and have no money to pay coyotes to cross the border).
- Take a Guided Walking Tour: The Tijuana Visitors Bureau offers tours daily from the Avenida Revolucion Visitor Center between 3rd and 4th Streets.
- Go to the Greyhound Races: Hipodromo Caliente (Agua Caliente Race Track) has races daily, on Boulevard Agua Caliente at Tapachula. You can take a taxi to get there.
- Watch a Jai Alai Game: Jai Alai Fronton Palace is legendary, at Avenida Revolucion at Calle Octavia, 7 blocks south of the arch.
- See a Bullfight: Sunday afternoon, May through September at El Toreo de Tijuana, on Avenida Revolucion. Take a bus or taxi.
- Visit the Tijuana Cultural Center (Centro Cultural): This museum shows Baja peninsula history from ancient cave paintings to modern times. Exhibits are in English. In Zona Rio at Paseo de los Heroes and Mina.
- Tijuana Wax Museum
The Tijuana Wax Museum is located downtown Tijuana. There is only one other like it in all Latin America. It has more than 80 replicas of historic and artistic figures, and movie and television personalities. You can see replicas of John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Emiliano Zapata, Mahatma Gandhi and many more.
- Mundo Divertido Parque de Tijuana (Fun World Park)
Its' a family fun center with a rollercoaster, miniature golf, go- karts, children’s train, batting cages, video games, soda fountain and more..
- Parraiso Azteca Park Tijuana
On the East Side of Tijuana, you can enjoy nature, shows and the attractions this park offers. It's on the 21.5 Km Highway to Tecate
- José María Morelos Park
Morelos Park is the largest ecological reserve in Tijuana, with vast open spaces, lake and a botanical garden as well as an outdoor amphitheater for concerts and shows that can hold up to 40,000 people. It has kiosks for childrens' parties, a kid's train, some barbeque pits and a soda fountain.